We're making a fabulous gift box today
and you only need one sheet
of either double sided card stock, or
You can also create a belly band to keep it closed since you'll probably be hiding chocolate, or something fantastic
inside for your recipient!
12x12 sheet pattern paper BOX
12 x 12 pattern paper (double sided is best)- https://goo.gl/L9y8XY
Scoring board - https://goo.gl/Pdknb6
Paper Trimmer - http://amzn.to/2urX4jh
Scissors - http://amzn.to/2shwqw3
Aleene's Tacky Glue - http://amzn.to/2ssYtpu
Stylus - http://amzn.to/2sFMFDT
Here's how you make them!
1. Score your 12 x 12 paper at these marks
(1 1/2, 3, 3 3/4, 8 1/4, 9, and 10 1/2)
turn 90 degrees and score these marks
(3, 4 1/2, 7 1/2, and 9)
2. Burnish all score lines and this is where things get tricky!
3. Fold all 4 corners to the 2nd score line
4. Fold each of the sides (with the most score lines) in to meet the middle
5. Fold those back out and push in each triangle to create a rectangle on each end
6. Then fold them back to center
7. Bend each of the box sides up, leaving a lip on each side of the wall
8. On one end, push in the two triangle tabs until they meet in the middle while pulling the box upright to crease the last fold
9. Don't forget the other side!
10. Fold down both of the last score lines to create two flaps that will now be the covers to the box!
CLEAR AS MUD RIGHT?!
If not, as I suspect... you can watch the video HERE!
Cut a strip of 12 x 1 1/2 and wrap it around to create a belly band to hold your box shut. You can also add glue to the inside flaps to keep the inner portion of the box stable if you like too!
Add your own touch, or make it in white card stock
that you've hand stamped yourself!
You could even personalize it using a set of alphabet
stamps and stamp the recipient's name all over it!
Thanks for stopping by!
Share your projects with the KoalaTCrafts community on FACEBOOK
It is a fun group of crafters offering support and inspiration in a
no commitment, no drama atmosphere.
PINTEREST - pinterest.com/koalatcrafts
TWITTER - twitter.com/koalatcrafts
FACEBOOK - facebook.com/koalatcraft
INSTAGRAM - instagram.com/koalatcrafts
PATREON - Patreon.com/koalatcrafts
Discount adhesives and other supplies available
"I can't wait to see you next video!"
When I need certain supplies I turn to Amazon because they have a great range of supplies, in one place, that's easy to navigate, and I am able to find what I need with ease. I am part of various affiliate programs including Amazon – when you click on an affiliate link and then go on to make a purchase, at no cost to you, I receive a small commission. I use the money raised towards the cost of running this blog. I hope if you like the content of my blog, you will support me by clicking through these links to make your purchases. Thank you!